Easy to book
Walk in nature
Appian Way and Caffarella Valley –
An amazing experience to give the possibility to our guests to have a full immersion into the local life-style. Leading to enjoy Italian art, food and nature through the uncontaminated path of the Regional Park of Appia Antica
We start by entering in the Caffarella Valley, one of the most beautiful green areas in the Capital. Here, we explore the park by visiting its interesting historical sites and understanding its geomorphological structure and it environmental features.
Then we reach the Appian Way, where we visit the Ruins of the Circus of Maxentius and the archeological site of Capo di Bove.
Coming back to our meeting point we choose our favorite place to stop in the shadow and savor a delicious meal with wine, cheese, salami and other finger food according to the Italian traditional Pic-nic style!
- Caffarella Valley: the green oasis of the eternal city, largest in Europe!
- Appian Way: the earliest and strategical most important road of the Republican Time
- Let’s walk Circus and Villa di Massenzio: right at the 3rd mile of the Appian Way…
- Capo di Bove: in despite the nature Rome is full of archeology, anywhere. Discover more!
- Let`s stop for a pic-nick, red wine, and cold cuts!
100% Private Guide
Duration 3-4 hrs/half-day
Min 2 pp – Max 4 pp – for 1 person or a special request, please contact us by email
From € 35,00/pp
Good shoes and hat for the summer season (June-August)
How to get there
Meeting point: Colli Albani Metro Station – Via Mario Menghini exit
Submit your review
I did this tour with a friend of mine and it was so beautiful.
We walked in nature and discovered the ancient Via Appia, the historic Roman road to the East. We even stopped for a picnic, it was great!